Establishing & caring for your orchard
July 29 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Have you always wanted your own backyard orchard but don’t know where to start?
- Have you inherited some trees but don’t know how to care for them?
- Are you interested in giving your plants a boost?
- How about checking out a home orchard being planted from scratch?
- Or are you just keen to talk fruit and enjoy some cake?
Then join us for a morning of tips for planting out and caring for your orchard.
We will be discussing the following:
- Designing an orchard layout: orientation & spacing; pollination; structures & Irrigation
- Sourcing rootstock / growing from cuttings or seed
- Ground preparation & companion planting
- Pruning for growth (early years care)
- Collecting graftwood
- Grafting techniques
- Pruning for fruit (later years care)
- General care & maintenance (pest control, nutrition)
To help guide us through this exciting topic, we are lucky to have the presence of Matthew Tack from Our Mate’s Farm.
Most importantly, Matthew remembers exactly what it was like to be learning this all for the first time, and as a result he is ideally placed to share his knowledge with others.
So you can bring your secateurs and have a go, or enjoy a hot drink and watch on.
We will provide you with morning tea and notes for the day.
|Huon Producers’ Network looks forward to sharing the knowledge and helping you get started on your orcharding adventure.|
To book your ticket visit the Eventbrite page: here